Assessment and training professionals would benefit from the proposed OCECCA in a number of ways. As envisioned by the OCECCA Project, the centre would
- provide a structure that increases collaboration among occupation-specific test developers and owners, regulatory bodies, and governments;
- facilitate collaboration among test owners to increase capacity for test administration, research, development, marketing and commercialization;
- focus on building assessor expertise in ways that support ongoing reliability of the tests and test results;
- allow for broader distribution of occupation-specific language tests to IEHPs across the province of Ontario;
- be able to provide research and development support for future test development and upgrades;
- encourage greater exposure of specialized assessment tools to other licensing bodies, employers, and government, as well as greater international awareness of Canadian-developed occupation-specific assessment tools.